Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

New to X lights question.

Ad I am new I really have no idea what I am doing and I have searched the web/YouTube just looking for a simple sequence this year that changes color like normal Christmas lights.

I have the following items, Falcon F48 and Im running on a 12v system with 600 bulbs.

Really all im trying to do is have normal Christmas lights rotating like you would see a store bought string this year.

Any ideas as Im just learning any info would be a help

try creating a sequence with just one effect. IF you did your display layout, make a group and call it "all house" or whatever to show its grouping everything. Put one of the effects on that group and set the length of time you want it to run for. you can use fpp to set it on a schedule or xscheduler. your choice.

I guess that's part of my problem, All the lights change colors at the same time and not in a random like normal Christmas lights. Maybe im using the wrong effect.

All the tutorials I have been watching are full house effects not just one string.

My end goal is to keep this string up year round and change based on the holiday

if you want something simple like single strand around the house
just play around in Xlights ... in the icons at the top look for just that "single strand" drag that to the string of lights you want to light or a whole house group
at first it may look very boring but click the "FX" tab on the single strand effect and I'm pretty sure there all "Wled" effects
you'll have hours of fun in there
"pride2015" can look pretty cool on a single string
1.jpg 2.jpg

Top Bottom