Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

I brand new, and enjoying learning!

I'm a newcomer to this hobby, having delved into researching, watching YouTube, and experimenting with software over the past 5+ months.

I wanted to drop a greeting and share my excitement about my vision within this hobby.
I own an acreage right off a busy 2-lane highway. While it's fantastic for visibility and attracting traffic willing to stop, it's still a 2-lane highway. So, pulling over to watch a light show with other vehicles zooming by at 55+ MPH isn't really an option?! Don't worry though. I believe this will work in my favor. I'm planning to transform part of a small farm field on the property into a long, narrow parking lot that parallels the highway for other events we host throughout the year, like haunted hayrides, parties, weddings, etc., with an entrance on one end of the parking lane, and an exit on the other.

As for the rest of the field, it's going to be an ideal open space for a light show several times a year! (not all at once, but eventually "several"). Unlike many light show setups, there are no buildings out there. So, it won't be centered around or off of the house. I see it as a fun opportunity to get creative and fill the field with an ever-expanding collection of props. In the long-term plans, I'm thinking of maybe adding a few telephone poles along the back field fence line for mounting moving heads, perhaps some floodlights, and more. Looking even further down the timeline, I see the possibility of maybe adding some front facades of (fake) buildings along the back field edge. Imagine a small "village"-type collection of buildings with a few looking like a small house, and maybe some other key buildings. They could be dressed up based on the time of year or holiday.

Maybe even a couple of sheds hidden off the back of a facade or two, to store props and equipment in as the project grows. Who knows?
Much of that last paragraph is just a long range plan idea, and no one sticks to those exactly do they!? ...But by the end of next year, I hope to have the parking lot put in, and at least a good "year one" collection of props lighting up the field for people to pull in and enjoy for a while! 🌟

I'm looking forward to learning and getting into this. Sometime in the next month or two, I might even be buying my first pixels and controller to start tinkering and learning hands-on!

Looking forward to more, JB

Top Bottom