Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

Syncrolight Controllers

Hello out there. Has anyone had any luck using Syncrolight (A UK based company) controllers with Xlights. I have 2 x 8 channel controllers for dumb pixels, and just purchased their new SL2000 8 channel addressable controller. I have tried them with Syncrolights own Showbuilder software, but it would be great if I can get them to run through Xlights. I know a few years ago, Xlights did include provision for using Syncrolight controllers but that seems to have disappeared. Appreciate any help you can give me. Many Thanks, Geoff

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
I think 2019.60 was the last version of xlights to support Syncrolight controllers.
It's a very old version though and a lot has changed since then in xlights.

Mark_M

Sequence Sharer
Sequences
There is a work around.
xLights is fairly good with backwards compatibility of controllers (unless removed 'updated' and didn't add a few extra code lines for backwards compatibility checking.... looking at someone who does FPP).
  1. Take a backup of your current xLights show folder and store it somewhere safe.
  2. Download & install xLights 2019.60
  3. Setup the Syncrolight controller in xLights <2019.60 version.
  4. Update to latest version of xLights and the Syncrolight controller should still be there.
Personally I would replace your newest network file with the v2019.60 xlights.network.xml file into your show folder and re-add any other controllers you have.
Or you could copy/paste the controller entry markup text into your current xlights.network.xml file.

[2019.61] — rem (keith) Remove Syncrolight support due to legal threats
[2019.51] — bug (keith) Remove syncrolight 1024 pixel per output limitation
[2019.48] — bug (keith) Fix syncrolight ethernet does not save id correctly
[2019.48] — bug (keith) Fix syncrolight outputs with more than 300 pixels dont display correctly
[2019.45] — bug (keith) Fix Syncrolight ethernet controller flicker
[2019.44] — enh (keith) Add support for Syncrolight serial protocol
[2019.44] — enh (keith) Add support for Syncrolight ethernet protocol

Comment in this video:
I have ran a full show with Xlights using Syncrolight controllers. For those who still using syncrolight controllers but do not wish to spend out more money on their licenses on their basic program then I will hapilly go through a step by step on how to set up the controllers and how to run Xlights with syncrolight. The main key thing is that you need to run their software to address the controllers and that's it ( I am talking about their 3/8 channel controllers for "Dumb" lights) You need to assign each controller with an ID but it must be consecutive as you could encounter issues. I was running 8 so it my first controller is ID 1, second is ID 2, third is ID 3 etc. Once that is done then you will now need to remember that each controller and channel will not be - controller ID 2 channel 8. This now turns into channel 16 as the controllers are now grouped so that it's all one consecutive list of channels. Hopefully I am making sense. Setting it up in the setup is very easy. Just follow the video. Keith has done a great job of explaining. I put my syncrolight on a separate universe. for me it was universe 2 When it comes to the layout. On start channel this is what I wrote - I was using "Dumb LED" strings in blow molds and on the wall so each string had its own ID. For instance for a blowmould I was using circles as it was easy and I put >Circle-2:15 Then I went over to the 3 dots, pressed it and when another box opens up, I clicked on Universe number and changed that for 2, as it was the universe my syncrolight controllers were on then with the strings I was using Poly Lines etc. Hopefully I have helped with things.

Top Bottom