Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

xLights Sequences going forward - Your views?

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
A community is nothing without the members, so feedback is alwasy appreciated.
Are you happy with the current share a sequence to get access to downloads, or would you prefer it to be open to all and like the current xLights Google Drive?

ChrisM

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequences
Maybe a checkbox when you upload the sequence to say if it can be downloaded by anyone, or just by other sharers.

For instance, my sequence is also on the Google drive, so there's no point in it being restricted.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Maybe a checkbox when you upload the sequence to say if it can be downloaded by anyone, or just by other sharers.

For instance, my sequence is also on the Google drive, so there's no point in it being restricted.

That's a very good point and I like that.
I'm thinking maybe having two tiers, freely available to anyone and then a 'premium' (that name will need some work, as not to say the free sequences are not premium) where members can share their sequences with others that have uploaded a sequence.

That's why all feedback is so much appreciated at the early stage of the site, just so we can get it right going forward.

ChrisM

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequences
I was thinking "Freeware" and "Shareware", but shareware implies that it is a demo version.
Maybe just "Restricted" and "Unrestricted"?

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
I was thinking "Freeware" and "Shareware", but shareware implies that it is a demo version.
Maybe just "Restricted" and "Unrestricted"?

It's one of those things you think would be easy deciding on two words, but is never so! I think your second option of Restricted and Unrestricted is a good start, will have a look around to see if there are any alternatives.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
What's the the thoughts on Free Sequences and Limited Sequences terms?

That's a very good point and I like that.
I'm thinking maybe having two tiers, freely available to anyone and then a 'premium' (that name will need some work, as not to say the free sequences are not premium) where members can share their sequences with others that have uploaded a sequence.

That's why all feedback is so much appreciated at the early stage of the site, just so we can get it right going forward.
While I am willing to pay for sequences and access free ones. My skills as a designer are very lacking.

If we go with this process some people will unable to get to those that are available under this plan. We already have a Facebook group with this premise and its seem very much like a walled community. I respect that people wish to make them free to those who also share but is this the site for that? What would be the requirements for something like this? Who would make those decisions?

So as an option. If this was a go forward process. Then to be fair to all, those that make sequences could make then free to those that also submit them but offer a paid option of the same one. Again not a fan but it prevents someone from missing out on a sequence that they like while still not able to create one on their own.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Thanks for the replies made.
This was an old thread from when we first started,

The route we have taken is all these are available on the site - Free Seqeunces, Paid Seqeunces and Vendor Sequences.

Top Bottom