Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

Background sequences

I am trying to come up with a couple Background sequences for between sequences ie a countdown timer til the next sequence. I have been looking at trying to make my own. Anyone use different sequences between their shows?

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Not between shows. I just do a run of around 5 songs, then use a full house effect before the next show.

xcwh35t25zjg

Sequence Sharer
Sequences
I posted some I used last year. I found some effects I liked from other sequences and built these so they could loop. A few are just/mostly shaders used on the whole house.

In the weeks before the holiday when traffic is light, my show is 'on demand' (triggered by a text message from the visitor). I use these when the show isn't playing to give those who drive/walk by something to look at without annoying my neighbors too much playing the show repeatedly.

Halloween Scenes
Christmas Scenes

I posted some I used last year. I found some effects I liked from other sequences and built these so they could loop. A few are just/mostly shaders used on the whole house.

In the weeks before the holiday when traffic is light, my show is 'on demand' (triggered by a text message from the visitor). I use these when the show isn't playing to give those who drive/walk by something to look at without annoying my neighbors too much playing the show repeatedly.

Halloween Scenes
Christmas Scenes
I like the triggered on demand, how did you set that up?

xcwh35t25zjg

Sequence Sharer
Sequences
I like the triggered on demand, how did you set that up?
I use HomeAssistant to manage all my home automation. With it, I can send commands to FPP via MQTT to start/stop sequences, run scripts, etc on a schedule or triggered by other events (eg, sunset). I can do fancy things like set the RGB value of my smart bulbs in my porch & garage lights to match the color scheme of the currently playing intermission sequence, turn them off when the show is about to play, then turn them on again when it's done.

Then I found a cheap VoIP service with SMS capability. When a text message is received by the service, it forwards the info via a URL callback to a webhook on my HomeAssistant instance... which triggers different commands based on the content of the text and replies with a text saying "Enjoy the show!". I did a short write-up here of the SMS in HomeAssistant part.

During the intermission scenes, I scroll a message across my matrix panel saying, "To play the show, text [trigger word] to [number]."

It worked out really well.

ListenToOurLights

Sequence Sharer
Model Sharer
Sequences
I have several sequences that I call my semi static sequences.

I have one before the show starts that has the house lit up, but not too much, don't want to give it away.

Then I have a musical sequence I play after the show is over. Its 5-minutes long and it is "lightly" sequenced to the sprit of Christmas. This way if someone rolled up 5 minutes before the end of the show they still get something, but its long and boring enough that people will clear after a while.

Then when that lightly-sequenced musical sequence is over I have it loop through a number of animated sequences with no music. I have one that is just butterfly, another where it is blue with sparkles for 5 minutes, then blue with sparkles, then a few others that I like. It loops on that until it gets late. Then for late at night I have just my trim lit up like all the other houses on the street.

Of course I have one where its all on, all white for pictures. Plus the customary PSA with and without lights.

Top Bottom