Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

Dumb Question

I have a really dumb question.
I am using XLight to create a new sequence for Halloween. My current controllers and layout work great with all of my other Christmas sequences
I have created a new sequence with a new mp3 file. If I run it within the XLights software it works perfectly.
I then transfer the mp3 and the fseq file to my FPP setup on my pi. The file transfer seems to go perfectly. I then create a playlist for the new sequence and that seems to go perfectly, but when I add the new sequence the run time is always 0.00. What am I doing wrong?
If I change the mp3 file to one that I know works for another sequence, the run time shows up correctly.
I am assuming it is something with the mp3 file, but if that were true, then why does it work within XLights?

Any suggestions?

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Hi. Does the name of the file contain the character ' or other special char? Those chars should be avoided. I had many problems with the uploads due to that.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Hi. Does the name of the file contain the character ' or other special char? Those chars should be avoided. I had many problems with the uploads due to that.
Exactly this! Had the same issue in my first year. I now rename all MP3 files to keep them very basic.

No Special characters in the file name or the mp3 name.
2023 Pumpkins in the Pines.mp3
2023 Pumpkins in the Pines.fseq

I thought about that too.

Ok, I tried recreating the sequence as just Pumpkins and downloaded that to FPP. See the attachment for the result. Same problem, no time.
If I change the mp3 file to a known one that works, then the sequence works. Strangest thing I have seen

Attachments

• Pumpkins Playlist.pdf
    210.2 KB · Views: 3

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Have you tried to remaster the mp3 file? Load it in Audacity and export it as mp3 removing all metadata.

Ok, I think I figured it out. My FPP controllers are on Version 4.x. If I use an older version of XLights, it works correctly, but if I upgrade to a 2023 version of XLights, my sequences will no longer work with FPP Version 4.x. So now I just need to figure out how to go backward until I can get all the FPP firmware updated.

Sequences by Mel

Sequence Sharer
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Ok, I think I figured it out. My FPP controllers are on Version 4.x. If I use an older version of XLights, it works correctly, but if I upgrade to a 2023 version of XLights, my sequences will no longer work with FPP Version 4.x. So now I just need to figure out how to go backward until I can get all the FPP firmware updated.
Thanks for coming back and advising what the resolution was! I may have a similar issue when I go to set up for Halloween.

Top Bottom