Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

Rules to note before sharing

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
We want to make XLights Sequences an inclusive place for members with all abilities. Our logic is we all start somewhere, and over time we hone and improve those skills. Someone with a basic sequence today, could have a full HD sequence next year.

However, there still needs to be a few rules. These are as follows:

1. Any sequences you share must be your own work.
2. Strictly no uploading of purchased sequences, whether in their natural form or remapped.
3. You may share sequences that you have heavily edited from another sharer. If doing this, you must credit the original uploader when adding the sequence.

Short, sweet and hopefully common sense.

Last edited:
Are there any rules around music/lyric content.. Ie if you had an explicit one but know it would be a populer choice lol

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Are there any rules around music/lyric content.. Ie if you had an explicit one but know it would be a populer choice lol
I can't see any issues, maybe a little word of warning in the description.

ShellNZ

Sequence Seller
Sequences
I am wanting to sell my sequences in a bundle of 22, how do I go about doing this?

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Hi @ShellNZ,
The maximum file size for an attachment was set to 500MB. I've now adjusted this to 2GB, so should be more then enough now. Let me know how you get on and give me a shout if there are any other issues. (y)

ShellNZ

Sequence Seller
Sequences
Thanks Dave, I have tried uploading the single zipped file (1.5GB) and also split zipped files (611MB/928MB) files, both are failing. It seems to get to 10% then crashes.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Thanks Dave, I have tried uploading the single zipped file (1.5GB) and also split zipped files (611MB/928MB) files, both are failing. It seems to get to 10% then crashes.

Hi @ShellNZ , Sorry for the issues here. We've not had a file of that size uploaded yet. Think the biggers was 500MB.
I've made some more changes that should hopefully resolve it now! Given it a test on a 1.5GB file and it uploaded and download fine. However you might need to leave it uploading in the background, my upload speed was horrendous when I was testing!

Last edited:

ShellNZ

Sequence Seller
Sequences
Great, done :) Not sure why some have come up with the video to play and most have only just got the link?

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Great, done :) Not sure why some have come up with the video to play and most have only just got the link?

Noticed the maximum amount of videos were limited per post. I've increased this now and all the videos show (y)

nantwichvanny

Sequence Sharer
Sequences
Your server will soon become full at that rate Dave. I think I'd perhaps leave the hosting to Google Drive or wherever and create links to the files there for purchasers?

Once it's uploaded to your server its there forever,.
Xenforo is a nice forum platform, I have a site that uses phpBB and it isn't as slick.

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Your server will soon become full at that rate Dave. I think I'd perhaps leave the hosting to Google Drive or wherever and create links to the files there for purchasers?

Once it's uploaded to your server its there forever,.
Xenforo is a nice forum platform, I have a site that uses phpBB and it isn't as slick.
That's alright, plenty of space on the server going forward!
I haven't used phpBB since about 2005 - Might have to go and see how it's evolved over the years!

nantwichvanny

Sequence Sharer
Sequences
I use phpBB because there is a bridge available to link with Joomla and consequently all of the features that package can offer. www.gdpuk.com
Rather a niche site but very well known within that world :)

Dave

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Just to highlight rules number 1 and 2 again following a member that decided to share a vendors paid seqeunce.

1. Any sequences you share must be your own work.
2. Strictly no uploading of purchased sequences, whether in their natural form or remapped.

It seems the 1.5GB zipped file is too large, are you able to change this at your end? I really would rather not split it.
Do you have your own server of a website? If you do you can put them on in any size you want. That is how I send large files to people I just put them on my server and send them a link to download the file.

Top Bottom