Welcome to xLights Sequences

A modern, easy to navigate, simple to use site to share your very own created xLights Sequences.
Not only that, we offer a marketplace where you can sell your own sequences or showcase them as a vendor!

New user need some help

This is my second year and i keep starting late. Last year I just had my roof line put up and just did some effects for christmas. I have since added the roof ridges with lights, three windows, a tiny matrix of 120 nodes above my garage, two snowflakes, and a spiral tree. I don't have music yet and that will probably be next year and i'm hoping to start mid year to actually get things planned. I am using Kulp K8-B controller and raspberry pi with pi-hat just for my spiral tree in my yard. are there any basic sequences that might work for my basic minimal layout? thank you in advance

just add what you have on your house from the sequence... that's all anyone will do ... id be very very surprised if there were two house alike

Sequences by Mel

Sequence Sharer
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Hi I just uploaded a free Moana one yesterday, you can still load it the same as a music sequence and it just won't output any audio. You just need to put all of your props into 1 group and then map the 'all display' group to whatever you name your group. Hopefully that makes sense. You should be able to find the sequence by clicking on my name /logo thing.

So import effects and add to all display and everything looks like it’s there but nothing wants to play in xlights. I can add effects to each prop and that works but importing doesn’t seem to actually do anything to the items that I have when I try to preview them. Just another thing for me to figure out

just add what you have on your house from the sequence... that's all anyone will do ... id be very very surprised if there were two house alike
I’ve done that and nothing plays. Xlights don’t give me and preview

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Hi. Did you press the "render" button 1670867566891.png after the import? Also clicking on any effect should force xLights to render it

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Also check that the "Suspend render" 1670867690642.png at the bottom is not selected

Yep I’m dumb. Rendering it will allow it to display. Just ignore my dumb self. Lol. I’m lol be better next time

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
No worries, most of us went throgh these kind of things at the beginnig :)

thanks, hopefully i'll still have something to show for this year as my wife is killing me.

Ok so I’m trying to take sequences and just play the effects without music, I’ve run into one that has a large beginning section that is blank. How can I delete that empty section and move everything to start earlier without moving everything individually?

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
In "display elements" 1670880051775.png, select master view, add from the left window all elements and make them visible. Then you can select all effects the same way you do in an Excel Spreadsheet (dragging the mouse or using the shift and arrow keys). Then hover the mouse over the center of any of the effects, press anf hold the shift key and click and drag all together.

Also, in Edit menu, there is a couple of options for Shifting effects:
1670880459259.png

one thing id add when dragging and shifting stuff around from a beginners point of view that could very much frustrate you wondering why its not working as you thought or were told
make sure NO timing marks are selected if your trying to move a group of selected effects ... in just want happen for you :cautious:

Untitled.jpg

Javito

Sequence Sharer
Inaugural Member
Sequence Seller
Sequences
Yep! I hate that, selecting and deselecting timing tracks just to move things :)

sometimes wonder if I'm doing it right ? my thought was I'm trying to move a group of effects to that timing mark so then what gives with having to deselect it

Top Bottom